The podcast producer is a full-time position that serves a unique role to assist in every aspect of the podcast creation process. Podcast tasks include pre-production, recording, editing, mixing, publishing and distribution.
This position works closely with their team and a full-service agency team to be strategic, organized and execute plans to meet the clients’ needs.
- Work with clients and account managers to see the clients’ needs are met
- Creatively develop story and podcast episode ideas
- Edit podcast episodes for flow and clarity, as well as the addition of intro/outro theme music. Includes use of creative editing techniques and SFX when applicable
- Audio restoration on remotely recorded tracks and the removal of noise, noticeable clicks, buzz, hum or distracting frequencies
- Assisting with recording sessions with hosts and guests.
- Assisting with publishing and distribution processes
- Compile and present reporting to clients that reflect work done and results produced
- Assisting in network processes and projects
- Bachelor’s degree or education that reflects audio skill sets
- Writing and editing skills preferred — specialization in AP Style preferred, but not required
- Training in editing software and tools such as compression and EQ (preferably ProTools software)
- Basic understanding of audio restoration tools and techniques such as Izotope RX8, or Waves Restoration suite
- Shows initiative, is proactive
- Organizational skills
- 1+ years of audio editing experience
When submitting your resume, please include a link to your portfolio with examples of your previous audio work.